Here in my home by Malaysian Artistes For Unity (MAFU)

Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

If you free, do NIMBUZZ me.

I like to test applications for my Nokia E71. If I found it useful, I will install it and use it. Well, sometimes I just use it for a couple of time then that's it. But some of it stays in my phone as I find it convenience to have. You know, the feeling to know that you have something although you may not using it frequently but when you want it, it's there.

Enough of craps. For this posting, I wanna share my experience of using one of the freeware instant messaging client, Nimbuzz. Not many people know about Nimbuzz. I've been using it (though not on daily basis) for quite sometimes. Maybe since 2006, during my time with Nokia E70. Since then, it has improved alot.

As you can see on the right side of this posting, I'm one of the ambassadors for Nimbuzz. But don't worry, I'm not going to be biased in my review. Keep on reading and you'll know.

Nimbuzz supports many IM such as Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Live and even Facebook chat to name a few. Cool huh? I like the user interface. Neat and tidy. You can even make a call to any Google Talk id (as long as they are using the client version on their pc). I'm not sure about call to any IM client. It delivers what it is suppose to deliver, instant messaging. No doubt about it. You can configure your SIP account for VoIP service. I haven't tried this feature.

In the early stage, I did tried to make a call to normal telephone using Nimbuzz but to no avail. At that time, we need to call a local number before our call is transferred to the targeted number. So, we can enjoy a local call rate which is cheaper than international.

I don't have to mention all the good things about Nimbuzz as they deliver what they advertise. However, I have a few complaints:
1. Some of the ID's are not grouped accordingly. For example, if I have 10 friends who are on Google Talk. Only 4 of them are listed under Google Talk group. The rest I need to find under the common group. Same goes to YM.
2. Whenever you want to start using Nimbuzz, it takes around 10 seconds to connect. Hopefully they can improve this.

Other than the above, I'm a happy user of Nimbuzz. Btw, they also released a desktop version. But I'm not able to use due to connection error. I reported this matter to the support team and waiting for their response.

Go ahead and give it a try. It's free anyway. Happy Nimbuzzing!

------------------------------------
sent using nokia e seventy one

No comments: